My first blog post was the “birth story” of my second son’s birth. He has Down syndrome, and while my close friends and family knew shortly after his birth, many of my acquaintances did not. So on his first World Down Syndrome Day (3/21), I posted my story to share. I also hoped that someone who might have had similar feelings as I did upon hearing the diagnosis at birth would find comfort in my story. I didn’t know if I was ever going to write another post.
I know. I know. A blog should have direction. An intended audience. A purpose. And honestly, a year later and I still don’t have any of these specifics for this blog. I just share what’s on my mind. It’s random….like crayon on the wall.
So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I received the notification that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by the Liebster-winning blog Treyton’s Posse. To be nominated is an honor, but when the nomination comes from a blog that I find well written and moving, well, that is truly an honor. So thank you, Treyton’s Posse.
I had to look into this Liebster Award a bit more, and I couldn’t find that there is ever an actual award given; however, it does appear to be sort of an award that a fellow blogger bestows on another blogger. Still an honor in my book. There is also a set of criteria that fellow bloggers receiving the award should follow. They are as follows:
Step One: Thank the Liebster-winning blogger who nominated you. Thank you again, Treyton’s Posse!
Step Two: Post 11 facts about yourself.
- I have been married for over 10 years and have two children.
- I believe Utah really does have the “greatest snow on earth.” (And other than the midwest, I’ve only skied in Utah and California. So my opinion isn’t based on much fact.)
- I’m a Star Wars geek. But I like to pretend The Phantom Menace never happened.
- I don’t like hot weather. I have no desire to go on a tropical vacation.
- I love to read, especially to my children.
- I’m a cheese snob. But every now and then I can’t resist a can of Cheese Whiz and wheat thins. Blasphemous. I know.
- I frequent Starbucks way more than I should.
- I enjoy spending time outdoors: hiking, biking, snowshoeing, skiing, boating. Although I have criteria about the size of the boat in relation to body of water. The bigger and deeper the body of water, the bigger the boat. It may have to do with my lack of swimming skills, which is perplexing to many as I grew up several blocks away from a Great Lake.
- I have always wanted to own a bookstore.
- I’m a Pinterest addict.
- I think I’ve seen every episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Three times.
Step Three: Answer the 11 questions presented by your nominator. (These can be answered in one post or many.)
Step Four: Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Step Five: Recognize 11 blogs that you feel deserve recognition. These blogs should have less than 200 followers to the best of your knowledge.
Here are some blogs that I enjoy. (I cheated a bit as I didn’t give the names of 11 blogs as the remaining blogs I would’ve recommended have already received a Liebster recognition. Also, I have no idea on the number of followers for a couple of these.)
Once you’ve made your choices, create a post like this one on your own blog that explains the award process. Then notify each of your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog with a link back to the post you created.
Step Six: Display the award badge on your blog.